The Hastings Public Library Makerspace is a workspace with the technology available to the public.
Makerspace users must be 14 years or older unless accompanied by an adult over the age of 18.
Below are the technologies available in the Makerspace along with the requirements and the pricing for materials.
We are so excited for you to use our space and look forward to seeing your creations on Instagram. Make sure to tag us @hastingslibrary!
** not listed: a Large Format Printer, the cost is $2.00 per foot. Your poster must be at least 24 in. wide and no longer than 6 ft long.
CLICK BELOW for more information about our Expanded Makerspace!
Cricut Explore Air 2
- cut paper, vinyl, iron on paper
- Bring your own materials
- works with any cricut brand material
- Cricut Access design studio provided
- Sticky Mats and needles provided
- .jpg, .png, .svg files
Taz 6 3D printer by Lulzbot
- 11 in. by 11 in. by 9.8 in.
- file types: .stl and .obj;
- $0.10 per gram
Items left in the Makerspace more than 30 days are subject to resale.
Presonus 12 channel soundboard:
- 4 microphones
- speakers or USB to a computer for audio capture.
- Camera available to use
- Computers are capable of editing
Bernina 560 Sewing machine
- Embroidery capability
- bring your own thread and fabric
- bobbin will be available
- .exp for embroidery files
- find items online and bring in
- $2.00 per day
Bernina L 450 Serger/Overlock machine
- bring thread for the Serger’s sewing needles (two spools)
- the thread is provided for the loopers in cream or gray