The Hastings Public Library Makerspace is a technology and workspace available to the public for *free. Makerspace users must be 14 years or older unless accompanied by an adult over the age of 18. Here are the technologies available in the Makerspace and the pricing for materials. We are so excited for you to use our brand new space and look forward to seeing your creations on Instagram.
*some tools required materials to be purchased.
We do have a Large Format Printer, the cost is $2.00 per foot. Your poster must be at least 24 in. wide and no longer than 6 ft long.
Muse Laser Cutter
- cut and etch wood
- etch glass
- cut leather
- cut paper
- .jpg, .png, .svg files
Use of laser cutter: $5.00 per hour
Taz 6 3D printer by Lulzbot
- 11 in. by 11 in. by 9.8 in.
- file types: .stl and .obj;
- $0.10 per gram
Items left in the Makerspace more than 30 days are subject to resale.
Presonus 12 channel soundboard:
- 4 microphones
- speakers or USB to a computer for audio capture.
- Camera available to use
- Computers are capable of editing
Bernina 560 Sewing machine
- Embroidery capability
- bring your own thread and fabric
- bobbin will be available
- .exp for embroidery files
- find items online and bring in
- $2.00 per day
Bernina L 450 Serger/Overlock machine
- bring thread for the Serger’s sewing needles (two spools)
- the thread is provided for the loopers in cream or gray